The Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology is accepting applications for a Business Manager\Joint Operating Committee Treasurer. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting is desired; school finance supervisory experience preferred. In lieu of a degree, relevant work experience may also be considered. Status as a “Pennsylvania Registered School Business Administrator” is preferred.
Full time, 12-month administrative position; reports to the President. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: budget preparation, state and federal reporting, auditing procedures within the institute, as well as maintaining thorough and efficient operation of business office functions through effective delegation, supervision, and review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, accounting or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred
- School finance supervisory experience preferred and/or equivalent experience with business and administrative functions
- Relevant work experience
- Evidence of school and/or business leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability
- Financial Statement preparation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs, manages, and\or supervises required duties in the following areas:
- Activity fund
- Auditing\working with external auditors
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Budget preparation (Secondary and Adult\Post-Secondary Education)
- Cash management & investments
- Contract management
- Debt service & capital fund management
- Federal reporting (Perkins, Pell grants and other federal financial aid, E-Rate)
- Financial planning & budgeting
- Grant writing
- Insurance/risk management
- Office management
- New construction and renovations
- Payroll and human resources
- Purchasing and materials management
- Real estate and fixed asset management
- Right-to-Know Officer
- School fleet management
- State reporting (E-grants, PDE state reporting)
- JOC reporting
- JOC treasurer
- Other duties as assigned by the President or Superintendent of Record
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, twelve (12) month administrative position. Salary, work schedule and other conditions of employment in accordance with individual contract.
Interested applicants will need to provide a signed cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, Act 24/82 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form, Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release, current Act 34 Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Report, Act 151 Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification, Act 114 FBI Criminal Background Check (one-year old or less), and university transcripts.
Submittal contact for the search is Dr. Richard C. Makin, President, Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, 540 North Harrison Road, Pleasant Gap, PA, 16823. Applications received prior to March 12, 2021 will be given priority consideration.