Position coordinates CPI’s NA Program, as well as instructs in the 120-hour Nurse Aide Training Program. Instruction includes 40 hours of theory, 25 hours of lab, and 55 hours of clinical in a long-term care facility per class. Classes may include day, evening, and weekend hours based on the individual needs of each Nurse Aide Class.
Coordinator / Instructor will be responsible for:
- Coordination of staff and schedules for Nurse Aide Training.
- Ensuring compliance with Program requirements and regulations.
- Scheduling of certification testing.
- Working with clinical sites and long-term care facilities for contract training.
- Teaching and supervising students in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical environments utilizing the approved curriculum governed by the PA Dept. of Education
- Facilitating students’ participation in care and treatments and evaluating student performance
- Maintaining student attendance records, grades, and other required records
- Communicating clearly and directly to students, clinical site staff and other coordinating professionals to ensure that training and expectations are understood by all involved
- Enhancing professional growth of students
- Current and unrestricted RN license in the state of Pennsylvania
- Two years of experience as an RN, of which at least one year (12 months) was in the provision of a long-term care setting, for a minimum of 200 hours.
- Requirements for hire: (All documents must be current and be within last year)
- Resume reflecting his/her nursing experience in a long-term care facility (may include direct care, supervision, or education). Resume must include name and address of long-term care facility
- Pennsylvania child abuse clearance
- Negative two-step Mantoux test or chest x-ray
- Criminal History Record Information Report (CHRI) in the state of Pennsylvania that is free of prohibitive offenses at the time of employment
- Attend the Teach-the-Educator Workshop required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- Approval for hire by the PDE
Child Reporting Certificate and Act 34, 114, and 151 Clearances will be required from the successful applicant.
Position advertised until filled. Position eligible for benefits. Send resume to Attn: VP, Post-Secondary Education, CPI, 540 N. Harrison Rd., Pleasant Gap, PA 16823: email@example.com. EOE