Discover A World of Opportunity.
The Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science & Technology was established in 1969 as the Centre County Vocational-Technical School. In November 1998, the school’s name was changed to Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology (CPI) to reflect its competencies in scientific and technical education for high school students and the adult community.
Today, CPI offers more than 18 secondary programs, over 60 in-house adult & continuing education programs, and more than 350 online courses. In addition to classroom and hands-on instruction from qualified, experienced faculty, CPI offers certification in a wide range of disciplines, a notable advantage to CPI graduates and their employers.
CPI is located just off the Harrison Road exit of Interstate 99 in scenic Centre County, Pennsylvania. The 32-acre campus includes two beautifully landscaped courtyards, a central auditorium, comfortable classrooms, and workshops equipped with industry relevant equipment.
The faculty and staff at CPI take great pride in our institution and fully support our mission…
CPI Accreditations, Certifications, Credentials
Institutional Accreditation by:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Pennsylvania State Board of Career and Technical Education
Program Accreditations, Certifications, Credentials
- Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Cisco Academy
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) refrigerant certification location
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE)
- Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) – Certiport test center
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- National Healthcareers Association (NHA)
- National Institute of Home Builders (NIHB)
- National Institute of Metalworking Standards (NIMS) – student testing site
- National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP)
- Net +
- OBDII testing / certification site
- PennDOT Authorized Commercial Drivers License test center
- Pennsylvania Emissions certification testing site
- Pennsylvania State Inspection certified educational facility
- ServSafe certification facility
- State Board of Cosmetology