Website Central PA Institute of Science and Technology
Full-Time CDL Coordinator/Instructor. CDL Coordinator/Instructor needed for CPI’s Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Program. The instructor will provide on and off road instruction to students, and will provide theory instruction as well. Instructor will assist students with the fundamentals of driving, such as manual shifting, docking, backing, serpentining, and other maneuvers. Instructor will follow FMCSA guidelines in meeting all ELDT requirements for CDL candidates and students; including related state, federal, and FMCSA rules and industry guidelines. The primary role of the CDL Instructor is to prepare CPI’s students for employment in the transportation industry and to lead CPI’s CDL 3rd Party Testing Program. The Instructor will work directly with other CDL staff and CPI administration in implementing strategies and curriculum to help students and produce positive results for the CDL Program. CPI Instructors assist with promoting their Program, student retention, and successful job placement of their students.
The ideal candidate for the CDL Coordinator/Instructor position will:
- Be at least 25 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. Some post-secondary education preferred.
- Have a flexible schedule. This position can work mornings, afternoons, and/or evenings.
- Have at least three (3) years of verifiable truck driving experience in the most recent ten (10) years, with a minimum of one (1) year as a long haul/OTR tractor-trailer driver or comparable experience.
- Have a safe driving record (10-year MVR should be provided to CPI by the applicant).
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of safe driving and all of the laws and regulations covering tractor-trailer interstate operations. Instructors must also be capable of demonstrating curriculum subject matter for the students. Instructors must meet the minimum qualifications for interstate tractor-trailer drivers in accordance with all requirements of the applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, including, but not limited to, meeting the physical and driver qualification standards of Part 391.
- Be able to pass as D.O.T. drug/alcohol screen. This position is subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: CPI, 540 N. Harrison Rd., Pleasant Gap, PA 16823 Attn: Vice President, Post-Secondary Education or email firstname.lastname@example.org. FBI Criminal Record Check, PA State Police Criminal History Report, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Sexual Misconduct/ Abuse Disclosure Release and Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Training Certificate must be completed upon hire. Position advertised until filled. EOE.
You must sign in to apply for this position.